Saturday, July 20, 2019

The Confluence of the Boise and Snake Rivers

I launched my UAV at Martin Landing this afternoon. This is park and camping site operated by the Idaho Fish and Game and Canyon County Parks. It sits right at the confluence of the Boise and Snake Rivers. The camping is better than primitive and only costs $12 a day. I checked every sign I could find to make sure there were posted rules about drone flying before proceeding.

I quickly hiked to one camp site (one without people nearby so there was no one to disturb) to get a picture. There I found that Martin Landing has a nice view. The drone images,we're even better. They showed just how muddy the Boise River is compared to the Snake River. The Boise River carries a lot of sediment as it meanders to the Snake River.


The View from the Campsite

The Drone View Looking up the Boise River

The Confluence of the Boise and Snake River.
Notice how much muddied the water from the Boise River is compared to the Snake River.

No comments:

Post a Comment