Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Complete Near Space Flight Computer



I finally received the ten 144.390 MHz transmitters I ordered for near space flight computer kits. In the interim, I developed GPS and antenna kits. The picture above shows what a complete flight computer kits looks like.


Shortly, beginners will be able to purchase a complete near space flight computer. After assemblying the kit, all you will need is a parachute, battery, and airframe. The kit will include a control panel to communicate and control the flight computer from outside the airframe, a 2m dipole antenna, GPS receiver tested to 103,000 feet, audio locator beacon, and programmable flight computer.


The first kit is based on the PICAXE-28 and the second based on the BASIC Stamp. Check the NearSys website (nearsys.com/catalog) for information as I get my updates in order. Until then, feel free to contact me through email.

No comments:

Post a Comment