Friday, October 2, 2009

Washburn University Launch

This Saturday I'm helping Washburn launch their first near space mission. Since I completed the tracker for my Popular Mechanics article, I'm going to send it up for a real test. I'll add an additional two trackers as backup. I believe in using two trackers, in case one fails and since this will be the first flight of the Pop Mech tracker, I'm sending the two trackers as back up for it.

The three trackers are transmitting as KD4STH-4, -8, and -9. The frequency for all three is 144.390.

In addition, this mission will carry the thermopile telescope I designed. It also has a weather station like the kind I'm selling, two video cameras (one pointed up and the other pointed down), digital still camera recording horizontal pictures every 15 seconds, and an accelerometer.

I'm looking forward to a fun flight. If you're in the area, come on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment